- 1 quart hamburger dills
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 TBS Tabasco sauce
- Drain juice from jar of pickles and discard.
- Place pickles in a large mixing bowl and add sugar.
- Allow to stand for 4-6 hours until sugar dissolves, stirring occasionally. After sugar has dissolved, add Tabasco sauce and stir the mixture to distribute evenly.
- Place contents of bowl back into pickle jar.
- Store in refrigerator.
- Add or subtract to the quantity of Tabasco to adjust the amount of heat. For my taste, 1 TBS is about right — it gives a hint of heat without overpowering the sweetness.
- These pickles — so easy to make — are always a big hit, especially when served with things like chili.
- They also make a good addition to a relish tray, accompanied with things like olives, bread-and-butter pickles, etc.