- 1 large (5.1 oz) package Jell-O instant vanilla pudding
- 2 3/4 cups cold milk (rather than 3 cups as indicated on the pudding box)
- 1/2 can Eagle Brand sweetened condensed milk
- 1 8 oz container Cool Whip, thawed
- 1 box vanilla wafer cookies
- 3 bananas, sliced
- Using a whisk, beat pudding mix into cold milk for 2 minutes.
- Add Eagle Brand milk and Cool Whip. Whisk until the mixture is very smooth.
- Layer bottom of dish with vanilla wafers and cover with banana slices. Add layer of pudding, then alternate with more layers of cookies, bananas, pudding, etc.
- Finish with layer of quick banana pudding and top with vanilla wafers.
- During strawberry season, add some sliced berries in along with the bananas for a delicious variation. Bananas and strawberries were made for each other.
- Since the advent of quick banana pudding — this convenient cousin to traditional banana pudding — it has swept all across the South. This amazing dessert is such a crowd-pleaser, it is somewhat embarrassing to admit how easy it is to make.
- One big advantage to this quick banana pudding is that the bananas don’t get rubbery in the fridge. This pudding is just as good leftover as it is fresh.